The INRatio® Monitor
The INRatio monitor is a diagnostic Point Of Care system that provides Prothrombin Time (PT) and International Normalized Ratio (INR) results using fresh capillary whole blood from a fingerstick.
The INRatio system reduces the headache of oral anticoagulation management, is easy to use, and features on-board quality controls with every test.
- No need for external liquid quality control or extra strips
- No need for separate device to check electronic controls
- Test Strips do not require refrigeration
- Small one drop (15µL) sample size
- Reduces paperwork and materials cost
- Simple interface, easy to learn and use
- Ensures reliability on each and every test
- Entire test procedure requires fewer steps
- Portable size increases geographic freedom
How it Works
- A Test Strip is inserted into the INRatio monitor.
- A drop of fresh whole blood from a fingerstick is applied to the test strip.
- The blood is drawn into the test area by capillary action where it mixes with reagents that cause coagulation to begin.
- The monitor performs the PT test AND 2 quality control tests (normal and therapeutic) simultaneously, and determines whether the controls are within preset limits. If they are, strip integrity is verified, and the monitor reports the PT test result. If they are not, the monitor displays an ERROR message.
- The test results are displayed in less than 2 minutes as an INR only, PT seconds and INR, or INR, PT, and QC, whichever the user prefers.
- Performs electronic system self-test automatically.
- System is self-maintaining, only routine cleaning needed.
- Easy interface to change the time, date, and other features.
- Uses four AA batteries or an AC adapter as a power source.
- Stores up to 60 test results in memory.
- Built-in port for printing / electronic communication.
- Length: 6.5 inches (16 cm)
- Width: 3 inches (7.5 cm)
- Height: 2 inches (5 cm)
- Weight: 10.5 oz. (300 g) with batteries